Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tail Draggin'

My instructor left me a voicemail yesterday with good news. He will be returning from his trip this weekend, and weather permitting, He and I will start working towards my tail wheel rating in the Citabria next week.

I admit to being just a little nervous about flying a tail wheel plane, what with all the stories of ground loop's and nose over's I've heard in my time as a pilot, but having flown in the Ciatbaria with the Old Man on many occasions, I feel comfortable with the airplane, and even more so with my instructor. Any nerves I may feel pale in comparison to the excitement that is building. I simply cant wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Neil, I'm glad you like them. Posting the tracks helps me to remember the flight better, even when it is a relatively simple flight like just T&Gs. I have a Garmin GPSmap 96c that I carry along with me. Once home, MapSource (came with the device) allows me to download the track to my computer. Once the track is saved, you can either go directly to Google Earth, or take an extra step and use www.goflying.org to colorize it for altitude, then go to GE. Another blogger who has helped with tracks can be found at:
http://www.vectorstofinal.com/index.php

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home