Thursday, June 07, 2007

Alive and sweating.

Hello? Is this thing on?

So, I didn’t post for a few months. I swear, I have a good reason.

It’s fitting that my last post was about Las Vegas. One unintended consequence of that trip to Vegas is that I now live there.
Yup, while visiting here in January, I met with a friend who made a job offer I wasn’t able to turn down. 3 weeks later, I was driving cross country to my new home in the desert.

It’s been fun so far. Vegas is an airplane watchers dream. From my 12th floor office I watch the landing and departing traffic from KLAS all day, and I can also see the operations at Nellis AFB about 15 miles north. Everything from F-15’s to B-2’s show up here, even when the legendary Red Flag isn’t in play.

As for my own flying, with the exception of a tourist chopper ride down the strip recently, I haven’t been near any GA aircraft. I have some hours booked with an instructor at North Las Vegas Airport, so it’s a matter of time before I have something to write about again. I’ll be getting checked out in a 172, and learning the local Class B and a little about mountain flying in this turbulent desert air. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Ah, so you now live much closer to the Left Coast! Cool. I haven't flown to Vegas. The closest I've come is Palm Springs. Not quite the same thing...but it was sufficient to fill the long x-c requirement for my (eventual) commercial certificate.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home